Arthritis is a type of joint disorder with Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis as its common types.
Rheumatoid arthritis or Amavata is associated with excessive toxins.
Osteoarthritis or Sandhivata is chronic arthritis.
- Symptoms: presence of swelling, the local rise in temperature, fever, heaviness and restricted movements
- Treatment: initially given dry heat, dry massage and internal medicines to correct digestion and improve mobility
- Symptoms: No excess swelling, fever but restricted movements and pain. Knees are the most affected area
- Treatment: Oil massage and localized oil baths (Pizhichil)
After a detailed assessment of the level of toxins in the body, our doctor may advice detoxifying Panchakarma therapies to expel the root cause out of the system followed by a course of internal palliative medicines to achieve sustained relief from the symptoms.
Our treatment protocol consists of:
- Internal herbal medicines, external therapies, modulated diet and lifestyle patterns
- Yoga postures and certain exercises to help in pain relief
- Customized diet based on the body constitution and the type of Arthritis to reduce inflammation as well as to support the body in the normal healing process of the affected joints and strengthening of supportive tissues of joints.
The treatment also modulates and strengthens the immunity in addition to preventing the further inflammatory changes in the joints.