Organic Farming is one of the key activities in GEV, around which all the other activities are centered. Food is life! The Vedic system emphasizes how food that we eat is interconnected with our physical being as well as our mental consciousness. Therefore, the purity of the food we eat determines the wellbeing of the society. GEV has a strict policy of 100% chemical free farming there by ensuring the safety of the land, the farmers and the consumers.
Some key features are:
- Research in sustainable chemical free farming practices
- Promoting various organic farming practices like Crop rotation, Composting, Use of Organic fertilizers & pesticides, Multi cropping, Mulching etc.
- Vedic rainfall prediction and Lunar plantation techniques
- Reviving effective but forgotten traditional pest control techniques.
- Compiled a comprehensive Organic pest management book for local farmers
- Protecting rare indigenous varieties of rice
- Creating a seed bank for heirloom seed varieties of vegetables
- Participation in various seed sharing programs
- Listed among top 100 agriculture innovators in India for extensive use of permanent raised vegetable beds
- Chemical free Organic Jaggery manufacturing
- Rope line method for sapling plantation
- Research in Agrofrorestry