Eco Tourism: Your questions answered
● What is ecotourism?
Ecotourism is a philosophy of how visitors and travellers can leave a positive impact on the local ecology of the place instead of consuming it blindly. It also includes “responsible travel” meaning your traveling should assist in conserving the natural resources and should also educate you. At Govardhan ecovillage we ensure that our visitors are sensitized to minimize waste and mindless consumption. Our facilities and activities revolve around giving back to nature and the flora and fauna around us.
● What makes retreat resorts different from conventional ones?
Retreat resorts or wellness centers like Govardhan Ecovillage are an alternative to the idea of ‘fast travel’ and ‘conspicuous consumption’. Here the visitors are prompted to take time off and slow down, focus on introspection and physical and mental health. At Govardhan retreat resort, we chalk out a complete itinerary complete with Yoga, Diet, Living quarters, activities and more to help you achieve optimal wellness.
● What are the types of retreat accommodation that Govardhan Ecovillage provides?
At Govardhan Ecovillage, you can relax and unwind in either personal cottages or your own villa:
The types of accommodations available are:
➔ Mahavan cottages
➔ Gokul cottages
➔ Vrindavan cottages
➔ Madhuvan villa
Out of these, both Mahavan and Vrindavan cottages are open air accommodations, while the villa falls in the category of a traditional accommodation having been set up within the forest area of the retreat.
What activities can I partake in at Govardhan Ecovillage?
● At Govardhan Ecovillage, you can undergo a complete transformation and rejuvenate your body and spirit by taking up training and coaching in Yoga and Meditation.
● You can also seek various kinds of Ayurvedic treatments based on your body type to reach your optimal health.
● Govardhan Ecovillage provides you with resort accommodations built to the highest sustainability standards.
● We ensure that the entire premises and itinerary is planned out to help you make a shift to a sustainable lifestyle. This ensures that the impact of the lifestyle changes made here stays with you long after you leave.