Corporate Yoga Retreats
This program aims to be the ideal getaway from one’s hectic life, imbibing positivity in one’s thoughts and feelings. Our practical asana and pranayama classes, relaxation therapy, deep meditation sessions, Karma Yoga classes, Vedic games are based on traditional wisdom and scriptures. These wellness experiences will surely empower one to return to their daily lives healthier, happier and transformed.
Yoga for Corporates: Ensuring Workplace Wellness
More and more organizations are realising the importance of offering yoga for corporate employees as a holistic and low-cost healthcare measure to add to their wellness investments. Corporate yoga programs have shown successful results in enhancing the emotional wellness, strength, balance, flexibility and postural alignment in the employees among several other benefits.
Yoga isn’t only about performing and holding poses and postures. It is a way to recharge the body with cosmic energies and attain perfect equilibrium and harmony within the mind and body. It contributes to a person’s overall well-being and personal growth.
Yoga for corporates and professionals is nothing but the extension of yoga and its principles for a healthy lifestyle to help people work peacefully and be their best in the midst of hectic work culture and environment. According to a report by the World Health Organization, depression in employees is the most disabling illness second only to cardiovascular diseases. Long work hours, tough competition, multi-tasking, irregular eating habits, bad sitting postures all contribute to creating a workforce that is inefficient, demoralized and highly stressed.
Govardhan Eco Village aims at tackling this malaise with its very essence of yoga and wellness programs. As it reduces the stress and anxiety levels at the workplace, it leads to better employee morale and interpersonal communication. For a business, this means greater employee satisfaction and lower power struggles and politics.
There have been many pieces of evidence that support the fact that conducting a few yoga classes for corporates brings significant changes in employee behaviour by cultivating leadership and teamwork, improve creativity, and increase overall efficiency in the workplace.
Developing A Corporate Yoga Program
With GovardhanEco Village, incorporating yoga programs into the wellness routine of your employees can be done with ease and any kind of resources. All that is necessary is a group of willing participants and some floor mats. Rest, the yoga postures and exercises can be practiced just about anywhere, such as on the terrace or an empty conference room.
We can also tailor the sessions according to the individual employee requirements as well as the space and time constraints of your organization. Here are a few things to keep in mind while offering yoga for corporate wellness.
- Ensure that there are sufficient employees who will sign up and commit to the yoga program once it is organized. You could ask them to confirm their interest through an email.
- The employees need to spend individual time with the yoga instructor so that they make the most of their yoga sessions and take back something positive after every class.
- Keep track of their improvements through pre-assessment and post-assessment measurements.
- Plan the duration and length of sessions well considering your budget and requirements.
Benefits of Yoga for Corporates
Here are the major benefits of yoga for a corporate environment –
- Better employee performance.
- Lesser absenteeism.
- Lesser aggression and irritability.
- Decreased health care premiums.
- Higher levels of job satisfaction.
- Better communication between the team and senior management.
- Reduced employee turnover.
- The company seems like an attractive opportunity for potential candidates seeking employment.
- Better work-life balance.
- Improved flexibility and posture.
- Better overall health.
- Reduced risks of diseases, such as chronic back pain, diabetes, and other work stress-related diseases.