Ayurveda Treatment for Depression
Mental health is one of the eight branches of Ayurveda. The Ayurveda treatment for depression is part of a holistic system that focuses on the importance of mental health because there is no separation between the mind and body; the body will always be a reflection of the mind.
Negative experiences and emotional turmoil, during childhood or teenage years, can be a trigger for depression. The depressive episodes are usually triggered by traumatic experiences that include loss, mental trauma, or some kind of medical illness. Studies have shown that long-term unresolved conditions like emotional/physically abusive relationships, prolonged stress, and other similar factors likely trigger depression.
Ayurvedic Approach to Depression
According to the experts who conduct ayurvedic treatment for depression in India, a person is said to be mentally and physically healthy when they enjoy a good balance of physical and psychological sides. This means the energies produced by the body, from the organs to the soul and mind, can lead to the proper functioning of the five senses. It is the holistic science that wraps around the mind, body, and soul. This is where Ayurveda brings in a natural approach in mental health treatments, especially for anxiety and depression.
A person’s mental health depends on three qualities like sattva, rajas, and tamas. These three qualities play an important role in our emotions and state of mind. A person’s character revolves around the dominance of these three Gunas. Ayurvedic treatment for depression in India helps achieve stable mental health through actions and a lifestyle that rejuvenates your mental and physical wellbeing.
Energizing the Mind’s Doshas
From the five Vata, Pitta, and Kapha Doshas – the prana Vata, sadhaka pitta, and tarpaka kapha are connected to the mind. The dosha imbalance is what leads to emotional and mental disturbance. Ayurveda treatment for depression helps balance the doshas and stabilize the mental health as well. Here are some tools that help strengthen doshas that are connected to the mind:
- Anxiety and depression treatment in Ayurveda includes daily health regimes and seasonal health regimes that help remove toxins and trigger the natural energy flow in the body.
- The treatments also emphasize following a healthy and pure diet that will benefit your body type and help you live a harmonious lifestyle.
- Daily meditation along with yoga can help declutter your mental space and relax the mind.
- Avoid over-exerting your mental and physical health.
- Ensure that you get a good night’s sleep because it will help decrease depressive and anxiety episodes.
- Ayurvedic treatment for depression in India also provides detoxification and rejuvenation procedures that help enhance mental clarity and stabilize mood swings.
Ayurvedic Treatment: What It Can Help You With?
Anxiety and depression treatment in Ayurveda is popular and relied upon by many. In addition, Ayurveda is also effective in helping with a wide range of mental health problems, like:
- Mood swings
- Emotional disturbance
- Attention Deficit Disorder
Which Ayurvedic Herbs Help With Mental Health?
Some herbs are recommended by Ayurvedic doctors because they help improve your mood and cognitive abilities. They work on a deep and subtle level. They are:
At Govardhan EcoVillage, we conduct Ayurveda treatment for depression that includes traditional dietary and lifestyle habits, Ayurvedic herbal medications, yogic exercises, purificatory treatments to strengthen the mind’s capacity and to achieve the sattvic mind by balancing dosha stability. To know more, get in touch with us today.